Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Remix is on a mission to improve the way cities are shaped, working with more than 300 local governments worldwide to rethink the way they plan and envision their city.
Urban infrastructure impacts everything from economic mobility to CO2 emissions, and our platform empowers local governments with data and tools to transform their transit and reshape streets to better serve their community; this is particularly meaningful to us since the zip code you're born into is one of the strongest predictors of lifetime upward mobility.
About this role
Remix is building the platform on which cities design their transportation infrastructure. As part of this mission, we’re empowering cities to look at real data about how people are moving around their city, from bikes and scooters to transit to taxis and rideshare. We’re playing an integral part in defining the future of this brand new and rapidly evolving data ecosystem, and we’re looking for people who are excited to help us forge the future of data in transportation.
As a backend engineer at Remix, you’ll be responsible for building and scaling the systems that ingest and process our data at scale, developing internal and external data APIs, designing open source data sharing standards, and building and running the cloud infrastructure that serves as the foundation for the rest of the Remix platform.
At Remix we work in small, collaborative teams and engineers often touch many different parts of our systems. We value deeply understanding the needs of the customer, and you’ll work closely with product managers and even our users at cities to understand the best way to provide value in their workflows.
You’re a good fit if:
- You have a minimum of 3+ years SWE experience
- You have real world experience building and running scalable infrastructure on a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Ideally 2+ years in a role that requires dev ops work
- You understand how to empower product teams with infrastructure
- You enjoy owning mission critical projects from inception to production
- You love sharing and communicating your work to other engineers
- Automation and operationalization are your favorite words
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building out our data platform including data storage, APIs, and pipelines
- Helping the team set up and manage our current and future cloud infrastructure
- Creating the ground work that will help other engineers to use our infrastructure
- Teaching skills and best practices
- Developing new processes around ops
- You value building scalable operational processes
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience working with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with Airflow or other data pipeline infrastructure
- Familiarity with Postgres and PostGIS
Backed by EIP, YC and Sequoia Capital, Remix is scaling in order to serve the growing needs of cities around the world to understand and improve themselves. For more on our engineering values, look here.
To apply, send your resume and a few words on why you're excited about joining us.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.