Software Engineer, Product
San Francisco, CA
Remix is on a mission to improve to way cities are shaped, working with more than 275 local governments worldwide rethink they way they plan and envision their city.
Urban infrastructure impacts everything from economic mobility to CO2 emissions, and our platform (demo) empowers local governments with data and tools to transform their transit and reshape streets to better serve their community; this is particularly meaningful to us since the zip code you're born into is one of the strongest predictors of lifetime upward mobility.
About this role
We’re looking for software engineers to join our fast growing product team. You'll be working on our building out new features and refining existing interactions to make sure they're just right. We also take user research and feedback very seriously, and you'll get to visit and work closely with our users as well. Our platform is a UI-heavy application, so we're looking for engineers who are excited about tackling complicated data processing and performance work on the front end. You'll encounter various challenges revolving around data modeling, intricate structural dependencies, algorithms, performance concerns, etc. Traditional divisions between “front end” and “back end” skillsets don't apply 100% here, and we value engineers who can move between both ends of the stack.
You'd be a good fit if:
- You want to work at a mission driven company.
- You're pragmatic and want to get things done without sacrificing quality, both product and tech wise.
- You value strong partnerships with product and design in building value for customers.
- You iterate quickly and are continuously finding ways to improve processes as we scale.
- You care about working on small teams where you can see the impact of your work.
- You're humble, empathetic, and understand that giving and receiving honest direct feedback helps everyone to grow not just as engineers, but as people.
You'll work on:
- The scheduling UI that represents complex transit systems schedules, and algorithms to generate such schedules
- Visualizations and analysis tools for use in public meetings, such as the “Jane”(Jacobs) isochrones tool (https://blog.remix.com/remixs-isochrone-visualizes-travel-ti...)
- Our geo-database of open data (transit and census)
- Real time costing models and simulations
- Our demographics tool that helps transit agencies serve their communities equitably (per the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
Backed by YC and Sequoia Capital, Remix is scaling in order to serve the growing needs of cities around the world to understand and improve themselves. For more on our eng values, look here.
To apply, send your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and a few words on why you're excited about joining us.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.