Software Engineer, Product
San Francisco, CA
Remix is on a mission to improve to way cities are shaped, working with more than 300 local governments worldwide to rethink they way they plan and envision their city.
Urban infrastructure impacts everything from economic mobility to CO2 emissions, and our platform (demo) empowers local governments with data and tools to transform their transit and reshape streets to better serve their community; this is particularly meaningful to us since the zip code you're born into is one of the strongest predictors of lifetime upward mobility.
About this role
You'll join our fast growing product team, building out new features and refining existing interactions to make sure they're just right. Our platform is a UI-heavy application - we're looking for engineers who are excited about complicated front end data processing and performance work. You'll encounter challenges revolving around data modeling, intricate structural dependencies, algorithms, performance concerns, etc. Traditional divisions between“front end” and“back end” skillsets don't fully apply here, and we value engineers who can move between both ends of the stack.
You'd be a good fit if:
- You want to work at a mission driven company surrounded by others passionate about working towards a shared goal
- You care about working on small teams where you can see the impact of your work.
- You're pragmatic and want to get things done without sacrificing quality, both product and tech wise.
- You value positive relationships with product and design in building value for customers.
- You iterate quickly and are continuously finding ways to improve processes as we scale.
- You're humble, empathetic, and understand that giving and receiving honest direct feedback helps everyone to grow not just as engineers, but as people.
You'll work on:
- Building and iterating on sophisticated interactions with deeply structured data on in-browser interactive maps for our streets and transit planning platform
- Visualizations and analysis tools for use in public meetings, such as the“Jane”(Jacobs) isochrones tool (https://blog.remix.com/remixs-isochrone-visualizes-travel-time-e703b9f929d8)
- Our geo-database of open data(transit and census)
- Real time costing models and simulations
- Our demographics tool that helps transit agencies serve their communities equitably(per the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- Collecting user research and feedback by visiting customers in the cities we partner with
Backed by YC and Sequoia Capital, Remix is scaling in order to serve the growing needs of cities around the world to understand and improve themselves. For more on our eng values, look here.
To apply, send your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and a few words on why you're excited about joining us.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.