Software Engineer, Product
San Francisco, CA
Remix is on a mission to improve to way cities are shaped. We’ve partnered with 325+ cities across 14 countries on 4 continents — and are continually seeking to grow our impact around the world.
Urban infrastructure impacts everything from economic mobility to CO2 emissions, and our platform (demo) empowers local governments with data and tools to transform their transit, reshape streets and implement new mobility options to better serve their community. We care deeply about the built environment as the zip code you're born into is one of the strongest predictors of lifetime upward mobility.
About this role
We’re looking for software engineers to join our product engineering team. You'll be working on building out new features and refining existing interactions to make sure they're just right. We also take user research and feedback very seriously - you'll get to visit and work closely with our users. You’ll work on visualizations and analysis tools such as “Jane”, build interactions with deeply structured data on in-browser maps, and dive deep into our geo-database of census/transit data from various agencies around the world. At the same time, you’ll be helping to shape the future of the application by visiting customers onsite and getting direct feedback about our product.
You'd be a good fit if:
- You have 2+ years of industry experience working on front end engineering
- You have experience with React/Redux
- You want to work at a mission driven company
- You collaborate directly with product managers and designers on features
- You find value in talking to customers and addressing core customer needs
- You iterate quickly and are continuously finding ways to improve team/engineering practices over time
- You're humble and understand that honest direct feedback helps everyone to grow
Nice-to-haves but not necessary:
- Experience working with map rendering libraries (Leaflet, Mapbox GL, etc..)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Energy Impact Partners, and YC, Remix is scaling in order to serve the growing transportation technology needs of cities around the world. For more on our engineering values, look here.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.