Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA
Remix is on a mission to improve to way cities are shaped, working with more than 300 local governments worldwide to rethink the way they plan and envision their city.
Urban infrastructure impacts everything from economic mobility to CO2 emissions, and our platform empowers local governments with data and tools to transform their transit and reshape streets to better serve their community; this is particularly meaningful to us since the zip code you're born into is one of the strongest predictors of lifetime upward mobility.
About this role
We’re looking for full stack engineers to join our fast growing product team. You'd be joining a small group, and be able to make a big impact. You'll be working on building out new features across the stack to improve the world’s first urban planning platform.
You'll work on:
- The scheduling algorithm that turns a Remix map into work sheets for bus drivers (https://blog.remix.com/an-intro-to-integer-programming-for-engineers-simplified-bus-scheduling-bd3d64895e92 or https://blog.remix.com/solving-np-hard-problems-the-easy-way-with-local-search-76f842797b)
- Visualizations and analysis tools for use in public meetings, such as the“Jane”(Jacobs) isochrones tool (https://blog.remix.com/remixs-isochrone-visualizes-travel-ti...)
- Our geo-database of open data (transit and census)
- Real time costing models and simulations
- Our demographics tool that helps transit agencies serve their communities equitably (per the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have experience working across the web stack, and thinking about how to architect systems is a second nature to you
- You’ve built high-quality products before
- You’re resourceful— we’re a small company, and you’ll do a bit of everything.
- You have at least 3 years of professional work experience
You'll pick us if:
- Making cities better excites you
- You want to work at a mission driven company(improving the environment where people live)
- You like working with pragmatic professionals who want to get things done without sacrificing quality, both product and tech wise
- You value strong collaboration with product and design in building value for customers
Backed by YC and Sequoia Capital, Remix is scaling in order to serve the growing needs of cities around the world to understand and improve themselves. For more on our eng values, look here.
To apply, send your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and a few words on why you're the right person + what excites you about transit.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.