Senior Backend Engineer
As a Backend Engineer you'll work with the team to build new product functionality from start to finish as well as polish the existing product. You'll contribute to the product process, exploring options to solve our customers' needs, thinking through system design and scalability, and ultimately implementing features across the stack.
Our team is focused on crafting an experience that makes the complex process of financing a renovation accessible and easy to understand. On a given day, we might be working on the interfaces that will help homeowners navigate the process of financing their renovation, or the systems that enable our lending partners.
What you’ll do at RenoFi
- Work within a microservices architecture running on GCP
- Ruby, GraphQL
- Redis, Algolia
- PostgreSQL on Google Cloud SQL
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Asynchronous processing using Sidekiq and Google pub/sub
- Use monitoring tools such as Honeycomb, New Relic, Log Rocket
Our frontend is built in React with TypeScript. We use a lot of open source technology and encourage finding ways to make components of our applications open source in return - you can see more at on our Github page.
What you'll bring to the team
- Experience with Ruby
- Writing well-tested database-driven and API-centric applications
- Extremely proficient with SQL and API design and implementation; GraphQL is a plus
- Experience working within a microservices-based containerized environment using tools like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with automated testing (unit/integration/e2e)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Participate in on-call rotations as required by the team lead
What we offer
- RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans time zones and nationalities.
- RenoFi offers competitive cash and stock option compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff across the globe enjoy a flexible vacation policy.
RenoFi is a fintech startup that partners with lenders to make it possible to offer next generation of renovation loans to private customers. RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors in the world, including Canaan Partners and First Round Capital. For more information about RenoFi please visit: https://www.renofi.com/about/
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
We are a globally distributed team
RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans time zones and nationalities. Here's one fun example!
Please highlight any prior experience working remotely when applying. US or GMT-adjacent time zones will be prioritized.
RenoFi offers competitive cash and equity compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff across the globe enjoy a flexible vacation policy.
Read more about RenoFi
Our post announcing our funding: https://www.renofi.com/blog/financing-should-not-be-the-hardest-part-of-renovating/
Blog post by our lead investor announcing his investment in RenoFi: https://www.canaan.com/latest/brendan-dickinson-announcing-our-investment-in-renofi
National coverage by Housing Wire: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/renofi-raises-6-4-million-to-help-lenders-offer-home-renovation-loans/