Director of Product Design
New York, New York
Reonomy leverages big data, partnerships and machine learning to connect the fragmented, disparate world of commercial real estate. By creating a single source of truth, Reonomy products empower individuals, teams and companies to share information, unlock insights and discover new opportunities.
Headquartered in New York, Reonomy has raised ~$70 million from top investors, including Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital, Softbank and Primary Ventures. Our clients represent the biggest names in CRE, including Newmark Knight Frank, Cushman & Wakefield, Tishman Speyer and WeWork.
If you're excited by growth, innovation and the ability to shape one of the biggest markets, join us as our journey is just beginning!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Reonomy's first Director of Design, you will own and lead the design function at Reonomy. You will work closely with the VP of Product and VP of Eng. Furthermore, you will be a member of the senior management team. As the design leader, you will champion a user centered design approach to ensure we ship products our customers love.
As our first Director of Product Design, you will be a player coach, acting as an individual contributor and manager to enhance Reonomy’s design capabilities, team and product driven culture. You will drive all phases of product development, from customer discovery to delivery to iteration. You have a deep understanding of the user experience and believe it holds equal value to the underlying functionality. Excellent communication and data visualization skills is imperative, as you'll collaborate across the organization bringing internal stakeholders on your design journey.
- Establish strategy for product design and manage daily operations of the product design team
- Act as a player-coach, balancing your own product design projects while mentoring and leading a team of designers
- Partner with our VP of Product to establish processes around continuous customer discovery
- Cultivate a product centric driven culture to foster a collaborative design process
- Drive new ideas into user research, stakeholder reviews, and prototypes throughout the design lifecycle
- Optimize our process to deliver design into engineering, while keeping the challenges of an agile design and engineering team in mind
- Use research and data to steer design thinking and own the design of new products and features across the design lifecycle
- Develop, present, and defend ideas in front of the design, product and executive teams with brevity
- Maintain a holistic view of the product and drive toward a simple and coherent experience
- Recruit top design & user researchers as delivery team grows
- 5-7 years of experience owning the design of new products and features across the entire life cycle, management experience a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of complex customer discovery processes
- B2B or B2C experience with an interest in a multitude of business models
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs
- Must have worked on established product with demonstrable market validation
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- Strong preference for experience at a company where digital product experience is at the core of the business
- Competitive salary
- Company stock options
- 100% coverage on medical, vision and dental health plans
- Unlimited Vacation
- 401k plan and commuter benefits
- Office perks: catered lunches 3x/week, catered breakfast 2x/week, unlimited snacks, team happy hours, Free Citi Bike membership, fitness discounts, Free Spotify membership, dedicated wellness rooms in office
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Reonomy will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.