New York, NY
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque and complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are looking for a bright, diligent, business-minded General Counsel to join the team in our New York headquarters. The General Counsel will have a solid understanding of all of the functions of our business (People Operations, Finance, Publishing, Sales etc.) and the legal requirements that each function requires. They will be able to evaluate multiple inputs when deciding on a course of action and have have experience leading M&A deal flow and processing from LOI/term sheet to close and managing international expansions. This is a great opportunity to broaden your business experience and interact with all facets of a dynamic and growing business.
- Oversee all aspects of company’s internal legal function, including hiring of additional legal staff and management of outside counsel
- Provide counsel and strategic guidance to the senior leadership team on all legal matters that identifies proactive solutions while eliminating or mitigating risk
- Define and develop corporate policies and procedures
- Serve as key legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures
- Ensure that the company conducts its business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Partner with People Operations on employee relations matters where needed
- Manage the expansion internationally into new countries
- 7+ years of experience with at least five as internal legal counsel, preferably in the fintech or publishing space
- Solid understanding of business functions and the legal requirements around each (HR, finance etc.
- J.D. degree
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.