Senior Software Developer
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks, pharmaceutical companies, and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
As a Senior Software Developer, your role will be to create and maintain robust Django-based Python applications that interact with remote data providers and consumers via well-defined APIs. You'll work with stakeholders to define requirements for new features and improvements, as well as proactively identifying areas with potential for increased efficiency. You'll work closely with the rest of the Development Team - collaborating on design and implementation, assisting with code reviews, and providing mentorship for junior developers. An ideal candidate would have several years of experience working with Python and Django in an Agile environment, and take an active interest in improving their skills and knowledge.
- Write and review robust Python code
- Ensure good test coverage of all functionality
- Work with product managers to define requirements
- Interpret and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Guide and mentor junior developers
- Work with a tight-knit team to create the best possible product
- Excellent Python knowledge
- Experience with the Django framework
- Experience with writing robust REST APIs
- Familiar with testing best practices
- Comfortable in a CI/CD environment
- Comfortable with Linux systems and the command line
- Experience with Elastic Search and microservice architecture is a plus
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.