New York, NY
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg Research is seeking a reporter to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing startups. The reporter will be responsible for breaking news on distressed debt borrowers and will collaborate with a team of journalists as well as financial and legal analysts.
The reporter will focus on in- and out-of-court restructurings and distressed, high-yield and post-reorg situations. She or he will primarily cover credits in the corporate market but also municipals and sovereigns.
- Break news on high-yield and distressed debt borrowers
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Develop and maintain contacts in the credit market as well as with insolvency practitioners and advisors
- Attend conferences and events
- 1+ years’ experience covering the credit and/or insolvency markets
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Team worker with great interpersonal skills
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training