Covenants Prime Analyst
New York, NY
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg Research is seeking a leveraged finance or high-yield attorney to help launch its newest product, which will focus on analyzing private and public credit and/or high-yield covenants, indentures and other agreements for fixed-income investors. This is an exciting opportunity to start on the ground floor of an entirely new group within a rapidly growing provider of research and intelligence for the investment community.
- Analyze credit agreements, indentures and/or other debt documents and produce summaries of negative covenant packages and other notable issues.
- Maintain active dialogue and relationship with subscribers, which include top distressed funds, investment bankers and lawyers.
- J.D. with a strong academic record
- 3+ years of experience working in a credit, financing or securities group at a major law firm
- 3+ years of experience involving high-yield financings and a deep understanding of debt covenants
- Experience drafting and analyzing loan agreements and indentures
- A proven ability to multitask and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment with people from varied professional backgrounds
- Experience in investment banking or in a credit research/investment function, with a focus on loan agreements and indentures a huge plus
- Ability to travel occasionally for relevant industry events.
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training