New York, NY
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
The U.S. copy editor will perform final edits and publish a high volume of stories from reporters, financial analysts and legal analysts who cover distressed debt and bankruptcy situations. The job is to edit for clarity, grammar and sense, eliminate typos, make complex information as clear as possible and format stories in our content management system. The successful candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment under tight deadlines. The role is full time and will likely involve some degree of staggered working hours in light of the fact that we publish from 6 a.m to 7 p.m.
We currently have two copy editors in the New York office and one in London. Copy editors in New York report to the managing editor. U.S. copy editors may be called upon to assist with our European, Asian and M&A coverage. Our New York office is home to 80 employees and the headquarters of our 130-person, and growing, company.
- Work closely with reporters and editors, check facts, edit for grammar, clarity and sense, eliminate typos, enforce editorial style and format stories in our content management system
- Assist the editors in directing editorial flow and prioritizing stories, and work on long-term special projects
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Assist the European, Asian and M&A editorial teams as needed.
- Excellent command of English
- Familiarity with Associated Press style (Reorg’s stories follow a style that is mostly based on AP style)
- Over three years of experience in copy editing financial news articles
- Understanding of and interest in financial markets
- Knowledge of equity and debt capital markets, in particular, is desirable.
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.