Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg Research is seeking an Investigative Reporter to join Reorg’s newest and fastest-growing product, Event Driven, which is an emerging leader in news and analysis of M&A enforcement, regulatory decisions, and policy changes. The reporter will work with our editorial staff to provide breaking news and scoops directly to our subscribers, which include hedge funds, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors, corporations and law firms. This is a full-time position based out of our Washington, D.C., office.
- Break news on antitrust enforcement, CFIUS and other regulatory actions that affect mergers
- Uncover market-moving news through in-person and telephonic interviews with sources and convey it quickly and concisely to subscribers who need it fast and right
- Provide coverage on events that may interfere with a merger’s path to consummation
- Develop and maintain contacts at the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission and relevant agencies and, importantly, with attorneys in private practice
- Collaborate with legal analysts, editors and our team of talented journalists
- Attend conferences and events
- Expertise in M&A, antitrust enforcement, national security review screens and relevant regulatory agencies
- 5+ years’ experience in government, media or corporate law
- Motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator with great interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the political process in Washington
- Ability to develop sources
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.