New York, NY
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
The primary function of this role is to maintain and scale out our server architecture, which is mostly hosted on AWS - we use Linux-based ec2 instances and MySQL-based RDS instances, employ solutions for ElasticSearch and heavily use S3 and other AWS services. You will be responsible for the security, availability and performance of all of these systems on an ongoing basis and will be tasked with scaling our current system to meet the growing technology needs of Reorg.
- Improve our infrastructure in terms of performance
- Administer, monitor and deploy systems and services on AWS
- Help lead initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability and performance
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform solutions
- Collaborate with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Take the lead in ensuring the security of our systems
- Take the lead in an on-call environment for any and all server issues our systems face.
- Manage a multi-region environment including 50+ Linux servers
- Work in a high-traffic, fault-tolerant and highly available environment
- Use logging and monitoring tools
- Apply scripting (Bash/Python/Perl/PHP)
- Manage continuous integration/deployment in AWS and cloud environments.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.