Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We’ve opened a brand new opportunity for a Legal Reporter to provide real-time analysis and breaking news on legal matters within the insolvency, restructuring and distressed debt industry, and to follow new and ongoing court proceedings in English and other court systems. You will write trend pieces and data-driven reports on the industry and develop a network of senior lawyers and other insolvency professionals in the UK and other geographies.
This is your chance to transition into or develop your career in the high yield & restructuring space and work with talented individuals in this space.
- You will be regularly reporting on court proceedings, particularly in relation to corporate litigation, debt restructurings (eg: scheme of arrangement, pre pack administration) and other processes
- You will succinctly summarise highly complex and detailed information in a short period of time - specifically skeleton documents/judgments
- Eager to source and follow new disputes, you will track the stories and cases that will appeal to our subscriber base
- You will write long form pieces discussing and evaluating industry trends and new precedents
- You will have or build a network of industry contacts in the distressed debt/insolvency/legal space
- You will work with the legal analysts and distressed debt reporters in the Europe office
- You will write trend pieces about developments in the insolvency industry in UK and EEEMEA
- Graduate or equivalent education
- Experience or at least exposure to financial reporting, or reporting in the legal industry
- Exposure to legal writing, court reporting, insolvency industry or distressed debt market will be advantageous
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.