Content Coordinator, M&A
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg is seeking an extremely organized self starter with a keen ability to efficiently manage multiple information streams and interactions with a growing team. We require a hard worker who can multitask exceptionally, has a natural curiosity to dig for information and is not afraid to ask for it.
The content coordinator is an essential gatekeeper and distributor of information that flows to the rest of the team. The content coordinator in our Washington D.C. office will work closely with experienced journalists, financial analysts and lawyers to help shape content. Maintaining the product’s M&A database, which includes intelligence related to individual deals is a key responsibility of this position. You will also be in charge of managing a calendar of events relevant to current mergers and acquisitions, drafting reports on regulatory news from companies and agencies, and providing the team with a daily press review.
You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and fast-growing New York-headquartered media company with opportunities for professional development in the editorial team.
- Monitor key websites, dockets and other public filings for relevant disclosures related to the M&A product
- Maintain the M&A database and individual deal pages
- Maintain calendar of events, where we track regulatory deadlines, congressional hearings, case deadlines and other relevant dates
- Schedule telephonic hearing appointments for the M&A team
- Monitor regulatory hearings at state and government levels.
- Coordinate with the M&A team to hire freelancers
- Coordinate with the M&A team to track market-moving developments and other important events
- Aid M&A team in scheduling and organization
- Be M&A’s point of contact with marketing and social media
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excel, data and chart-making skills a plus
- Ability and willingness to begin work at 8 a.m / shift patterns outside of ordinary work hours including morning and evening rotations
- Ability to look for ways to improve data gathering processes
- Genuine interest in financial news and the intersection of business and government in the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, time management and communication skills
- Take on one-off projects, including building and maintaining databases
- Ability to work out of our Washington D.C. office.
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.