New York, NY
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque and complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and People Operations, you’ll have the opportunity to join a small, interactive accounting department that has responsibility for tracking Reorg’s financial goals. This position offers growth potential in a unique role in which you will interact with all areas of the business.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting packages
- Analyze key financial and operating data
- Assist in the company budgeting and forecasting process
- Analyze actual results in comparison with forecasts and budgets
- Review accounting and financial reporting considerations for complex accounting topics including; revenue recognition, leasing, stock based compensation accounting
- Supports external auditors and accountants as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of public accounting or internal financial experience
- Ability to work and think independently, but also a team player with strong communication skills
- Expert in Excel, in regards to financial analysis as well as data manipulation
- Strong financial expertise with an understanding of how financial statements interact
- Ability to identify problems/issues, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and implications.
- Big 4 experience and a CPA, a plus
- Experience with accounting software Intaact, a plus
- Experience in the SaaS industry, a plus
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.