Distressed Debt Legal Analyst
Reorg is seeking a Distressed Debt Legal Analyst to join its London office and be part of a dynamic independent research firm that is expanding its operations and coverage in Europe. The ideal candidate will be an expert in restructuring and/or corporate finance law and have experience with large corporate restructurings in the U.K. and in various other European jurisdictions.
The Distressed Debt Legal Analyst will work closely with our team of reporters and in-house experts (from both legal and financial backgrounds) to produce research, analysis and reporting on distressed debt and restructuring issues. This is an excellent position for a mid-level or senior associate wishing to transition to a new career in the distressed debt investing space, but we will also accept applications from exceptional junior associates.
- Day-to-day monitoring of distressed situations across industries
- Working with an experienced team of journalists and analysts on time sensitive research notes and articles on stressed and distressed situations
- Reporting on restructuring developments on a short timeframe
- Preparing long-form analysis of legal developments (akin to client alerts at major law firms)Monitoring industry publications
- Teleconferences and meetings with lawyers and investment professionals
- Attendance at relevant court hearings in London
- Qualified U.K. lawyer required, with further qualifications a plus
- An expert understanding of U.K. restructuring and insolvency laws, with 3+ years of relevant, post-qualification legal experience involving large corporate restructurings. We will also consider attorneys with a similar level of experience specializing in corporate or bank finance in the context of large corporate restructurings
- Multi-jurisdictional expertise and experience preferred, including knowledge of non-U.K. European restructuring and insolvency laws
- Experience negotiating out-of-court restructurings
- Experience analyzing financial covenants, loan and bond documents and inter creditor provisions
- Working knowledge of other European languages a plus
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.