Deputy Managing Editor
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque and complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are expanding our first in class product to Asia and are looking for great people to join the team. You are a journalist with leadership experience that is passionate about getting information to our subscribers timely and accurately. You have a solid understanding of the credit/insolvency, high yield markets and a broad base of contacts. You are a manager that leads by example, and in shaping the team you will be contributing directly to articles.
- Commission and edit articles on high-yield and distressed debt borrowers
- Break news on high yield credits and distressed debt borrowers
- Hire, train, develop a team of journalists
- Collaborate with financial analysts and legal analysts Develop editorial strategy and foster reporters’ growth
- Interact with Reorg trialists and clients as the product is developed, working closely with our commercial team
- Boost an existing network of contacts in banks, hedge funds, financial and legal advisers
- Set up processes and procedures to ensure editorial content is timely and consistent
- Drive new ideas to promote business growth
- Coordinate shift work and ensure timely coverage of developing stories
- Communicate and strategically work with other editorial teams across geographies (New York, London, Washington D.C.)
- 5+ years’ experience covering financial markets specifically distressed debt
- Strong leader with 2+ years of management experience
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is willing to get in the weeds with the other journalists on the team
- Strong editing ability and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and think strategically
- Team worker with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work out of our Singapore office
- Ability to travel to different countries in Asia
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.