Distressed Debt Legal Analyst
New York, NY
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg is seeking a Distressed Debt Legal Analyst who has a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy and/or corporate finance law and has experience focusing on large corporate restructurings in the United States. This is an ideal position for a junior, mid-level or senior associate who is seeking to transition to a new career in the distressed debt/restructuring space. This position would be located in New York City.
- Day-to-day monitoring of distressed situations across the industry - each legal analyst is a generalist
- Reporting on case developments on a short time frame and in accordance with Reorg Research’s style guide
- Preparing long-form analysis of legal developments (akin to client alerts at major law firms)
- Monitoring industry developments and trends
- Teleconferences and meetings with lawyers and investment professionals
- JD with a strong academic record
- A comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and 2+ years of bankruptcy law experience involving large chapter 11 cases. We will also consider attorneys with a similar level of experience specializing in corporate or bank finance in the context of large corporate restructurings
- Experience negotiating out-of-court restructurings
- Experience analyzing debt instruments, including indentures and intercreditor agreements
- A proactive, self-starter work style and ability to interact with people from varied professional backgrounds
- A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- The willingness and ability to travel occasionally for court hearings and other industry events
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.