Assistant General Counsel
New York, NY
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are looking for a business-minded and detail-oriented Assistant General Counsel to join the team in our New York headquarters. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the AGC will act as a legal generalist, responsible for negotiating customer contracts and commercial agreements and reviewing employment matters while also assisting on corporate transactions and longer-term projects and initiatives. This is a great opportunity to acquire new legal skills, broaden your business experience and interact with all facets of a dynamic and growing business.
- Advise on and assist with diverse legal and operational issues, including employment, media, intellectual property and international matters, as well as litigation
- Review and negotiate customer contracts
- Assist in the management of corporate and compliance matters, including the company’s stock option program
- Create and implement legal and contract processes, in coordination with colleagues in various business units
- Stay abreast of legal and business trends affecting the company
- Additional responsibilities may be available on the basis of expertise and area of interest
- J.D. with a strong academic record
- New York Bar admission or ability to waive in
- 3+ years’ experience at a major law firm; transactional experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in house
- A pragmatic and analytical approach to solving problems
- Skill and experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain organized while balancing multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude, excellent judgment and personal integrity, desire to learn and willingness to handle any task, big or small
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.