Distressed Debt Analyst
New York, NY
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg Research is seeking a Distressed Debt Analyst to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing and most successful startups. The analyst will be an industry generalist, covering in- and out-of-court restructurings and distressed and post-reorg situations across various geographies. Analysts will cover various credit situations including corporates, municipals and sovereigns.
Analysts will work alongside our Distressed Debt Legal Analysts, Covenant Analysts and editorial staff to provide research and analysis directly to our subscribers, which include top hedge funds, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors and law firms.
- Produce valuation and waterfall recovery models, research reports and topical intelligence articles for publication and distribution to our subscribers
- Maintain active dialogue and cultivate relationships with subscribers and industry contacts to supplement coverage efforts, including idea sourcing
- Direct exposure to portfolio managers at many of the top distressed hedge funds on a daily basis
- Support and collaborate with Legal Analysts, Covenant Analysts and our editorial team to cover topical distressed situations, including court hearings
- Minimum of 5+ years of investment banking, advisory or desk analyst experience in the restructuring and/or distressed space
- Possess very strong technical and analytical skills as well as excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Experience in European geographies / international credit is a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally for court hearings and industry events
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.