Front End Developer
New York, NY /
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg is looking for a Front End Developer with experience building secure, scalable solutions that will engage our customers. You will work closely with the product management, data scientists and development teams to execute key projects and feel comfortable contributing through all development phases including discovery, prototyping, troubleshooting and deployment. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will support the overall user experience and ensure that our software is designed in a manner that drives better usability and increases customer stickiness and satisfaction with our offerings.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic junior/mid-level front end developer to help us build the best UI and UX to traverse around our copious amount of data sets. You’ll be working as a front end engineer, building data oriented features like data visualization and large tables for our readers, on a global scale. We need an engineer who focuses on putting the customer first and has a fantastic eye for detail.
Front End Developer will maintain and be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of the Reorg platform, custom CMS and marketing site applications including HTML Emails. The ideal candidate will have experience in coding large-scale, responsive web sites with an aim towards performance and progressive enhancement. We value accessibility, cross-browser support and maintainability.
Find out more about Reorg here: https://reorg.com/products/
What we offer
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
- Drive, build and help design the front-end experience and adhering design best practices and guidelines
- Work closely with engineers, data scientists and product managers to scope and deliver projects
- Create pixel-perfect mockups and collaborate with various teams to provide good design solutions on new/enhanced features
- Translate wireframes/design mockups into valid HTML/CSS components/templates
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that follow engineering best practices
- Write reusable code and build libraries for future use
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility, fully functional web pages, while adhering to accessibility and W3C web standards
- Be actively involved in continuously improving the platform, CMS and marketing site applications including HTML Emails
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve UI/UX issues
- Brainstorm, prototype, and iterate on new ideas
- Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting front-end bugs
- Attend to our UI performance, accessibility, responsiveness, and compatibility
- BS/MS degree in web design, human-computer Interaction, interaction design or related field
- 3+ years of production experience in front-end development
- Proficient with semantic HTML, CSS and SASS
- Proficient with front-end frameworks – BootstrapVue and VueJS
- Interaction design sensibilities for desktop and mobile devices
- Ability to design and prototype a user interface in an agile setting
- Convert mock-ups and designs into functioning templates
- Optimize code for performance and scalability
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail
- An open mindset to new ideas and technologies
- Experienced in mockup/wireframe tools (Adobe CC, Balsamic or similar tools)
- Experienced with WordPress
- Experienced with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experienced in developing and delivering analytics products using big data technologies
- Action Oriented
- Customer First Mindset
- Effective Team Players
- Driven To Excel
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.