Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque and complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are expanding our first in class Indonesia coverage and are looking for the best and hungriest people to join the team. We are looking for a Bahasa fluent Reporter to cover the Indonesia markets. The position is based in Singapore.
You are a journalist or someone interested in breaking into investigative financial journalism who is passionate about digging for information on distressed corporations. You have a need for speed in getting breaking news out to our subscribers timely and accurately. You have a solid understanding of the credit/insolvency markets and a broad base of sources, or you are not afraid to pick up the phone and develop sources.
You will learn a tremendous amount in this role and work with a team of seasoned journalists across the APAC region and help us break into a new market. We’re looking for people who have a tremendous amount of natural curiosity, energy, with a strong work ethic and desire to dig into complicated financials and ask tough questions to develop top notch stories for our subscribers.
- Break news, lead development on high-yield and distressed debt borrowers
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Develop and maintain contacts in the credit market as well as with insolvency practitioners and advisors
- Attend conferences and events
- 2+ years’ experience covering the credit and/or insolvency markets OR
- Willingness to self-study about the credit markets and take direction from our senior editorial members
- Fluency in reading and speaking Bahasa
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Team worker with great interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized and great communicator and listener
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.