Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are looking for an experienced Copy Editor to become part of a dynamic New York-headquartered organisation, expanding its European Operations, which requires a second Copy Editor to help manage an increase in our coverage. Ideally you'll have experience in credit markets, or at least experience in copy editing financial documents or news.
- Work with a team of journalists, editors, lawyers and financial analysts who contribute to reporting on a daily basis
- Edit technical, transactional, legal and market-based stories for a growing subscriber base of sophisticated professionals
- Ensure real-time news coverage respects house style and remains the forefront of the financial news agenda
- Impeccable attention to detail and first-rate editing skills
- Knowledge of bankruptcy proceedings and/or debt capital markets and solid grounding in business reporting
- Ability to work accurately at speed and under pressure
- High level of numeracy and literacy with a creative approach
- Excellent written English
- You will be required to cover shift work during the week, occasionally working early or late to ensure we break news before our competitors
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.