Corporate Credit Analyst- Energy Insights by Reorg
New York, NY
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque and complex information and are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
You will be part of a new and growing initiative to expand Reorg’s coverage of the energy sector. You will work alongside our team of financial and legal analysts and editorial staff to provide research and analysis of stressed and distressed credits directly to our subscribers, which include top hedge funds, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors, law firms and a growing list of corporations in the energy sector. Over time, you will be expected to gain bottoms-up valuation knowledge and experience by working with other analysts and speaking with industry players; you will build up a portfolio of credit coverage in the energy space. You will be responsible for complete coverage of credits, including gaining familiarity with financials and operations, as well as staying abreast of the latest updates. Deliverables also include coverage of earnings releases and calls, as well as timely breaking news on impactful financial developments, enabling our subscribers to allocate time to their highest value-add activities.
- Cover topical credit situations within energy sectors including E&P, midstream and services, through producing research reports, engaging in corporate earnings calls and analyzing capital structures
- Maintain active dialogue and cultivate relationships with industry contacts and subscribers, including top distressed hedge funds, to supplement coverage efforts, including idea sourcing
- Support and collaborate with legal analysts and our editorial team to cover topical leveraged situations
- Minimum of one year of investment banking, financial advisory, credit rating or investment analyst experience
- Possess very strong technical and analytical skills, including modeling and basic valuation methods
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Experience within an energy focused program in an investment banking, advisory, buyside or sellside role is a plus
- Knowledge of credit and/or leverage finance strongly preferred
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.