Launch and Training Automotive Technician
Los Angeles, CA /
Operations – Fleet /
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere with its disruptive service, offering the first and only full-service mobile solution for automotive repair and maintenance.
The company delivers complete mobile repair and maintenance to car owners with the convenience of online booking and instant price quotes, combined with five-star quality service at fair, affordable prices. RepairSmith also delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location to fleet operators, car rental agencies, and dealership customers.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service in 650+ cities across six states with over 100,000 service appointments completed to date. All RepairSmith technicians are employees of the company, equipped with customized state-of-the-art mobile service vans to deliver a best-in-class experience. Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021, RepairSmith is backed by TI Capital, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche Ventures, Spring Mountain Capital, and other venture and automotive investors.
To learn more, visit www.RepairSmith.com and follow the company on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
This role is a great opportunity for self-starters and automotive enthusiasts! This is a full-time opportunity for someone to join a fast growing, dynamic Automotive Service startup. Learn our operations processes from the ground up and jump start your career as we scale.
We will depend on this person to:
· Be excited about creating, testing, and launching new projects and initiatives
· Develop and analyze feedback, assessment and reporting models that relate to the training program’s effectiveness, success, and ROI
· Build out SOPs for new projects and initiatives
· Be at the forefront of technician innovation
· Identify and assess current and future training needs for technicians
· Partner with organizational leaders to assess, develop and implement programs and curriculum strategies to support onboarding, training, and development
· Diagnose and assess any circumstance and situation independently
· Diagnose and perform vehicle repairs to ensure customers can drive away feeling safe and at ease
· Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
· Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices
· Be part of a team that cares about customers and their cars
· Work as part of a team to solve technical problems quickly and effectively
· Willingness to travel – this role will be ~75% on the road, so be ready to see new places
· Performs other duties as requested by manager
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum of 5 years of recent professional automotive repair experience
- ASE certifications and/or technical school are preferred
- Previous lead and/or trainer experience are preferred
- Knowledge in working and using repair shop software (AllData, Mitchell 1, etc)
- Valid driver's license (clean background)
- A desire to provide an extraordinary customer experience
- Speaking and writing in English is required, Spanish is a plus
- Comfort with technology (iPad and smartphones) and willingness to be the first to test new products, while providing descriptive feedback on what works or can be improved.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- 1 month: This person will:
- 3 months: This person will:
- 6 months: This person will:
o Understand the process for launching a new location and ensure that the new location runs smoothly with minimal assistance. They will be able to run a location on their own.
o Train new team members on all processes and procedures to be able to run a location on their own with minimal assistance. They will be the trainer for new locations.
o Innovate and improve existing processes for new locations, as well as introducing the new processes into their training plan. They will have a constant eye on process improvement and creation.
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive pay (DOE)
- Paid vacation time
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity share; a percentage of the long-term value we create together
- Access to state of the art tools and equipment (you do not bring your own)
- Company branded vehicle provided
- Work clothes (uniforms) and safety gear provided
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.