General Manager, South East Operations
Atlanta, GA /
Operations – HQ /
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere. The company's at-home service offers car owners complete, convenient repair and maintenance service, upfront prices before booking, and five-star quality service all at an affordable price. RepairSmith delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location for fleet owners to maximize vehicle utilization and consolidate costs.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service across 550+ cities. All RepairSmith mechanics are employees of the company and are equipped with quality tools and parts to deliver a five-star service experience. The company is backed by Daimler AG.
RepairSmith has been recognized by Built In LA as one of the 'Best Places to Work,' and awarded the 'Business Transformation Award' by the Association for Corporate Growth in Los Angeles. RepairSmith's technicians have been named 'Essential Worker Hero of the Year' by the Consumer World Awards.
To learn more, visit www.RepairSmith.com and follow the company on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.
As the GM, South East Operations your primary responsibilities will be to oversee RepairSmith’s offline operations, including Delivery Operations to B2C, B2B and B2B2C in your territory (Georgia, Alabama, Florida). You will ensure that RepairSmith’s strategic vision is executed in a highly efficient, measurable and scalable manner. You will grow and manage a high-performing service delivery team and strongly collaborate across the entire organization to achieve growth and profitability targets.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO:
- Drive repair volume and efficiency of RepairSmith’s South East Region car repair delivery service by optimizing van deployments and utilization. This will require the coordination with a regionally dedicated central team of service writers and dispatchers
- Deploy additional vans in the South East market and hiring automotive technicians accordingly
- Optimize the market coverage especially in the service areas of the existing RepairSmith vans
- Oversee the operation of our fleet service operations and drive business growth, profitability and customer satisfaction
- Oversee the location-based service operations established in the area and pushing for positive business development and customer satisfaction
- Manage, motivate and grow the technician workforce for both Fleet and location-based services with focus on required technicians’ skill level and directing towards efficiency of the dedicated workforce, this includes timecards, schedule management and staff management leveraging the centrally provided HR systems
- Enhance the current workshop and stocking infrastructure
- Identify suitable compound locations to park the service delivery vans to facilitate our current work shift business model
- Collaborate closely with the fleet and location-based sales managers to open new fleet and B2B2C service locations
- Provide input to the product and technology teams to improve internal systems which allow scalability and efficient growth of operations
- Facilitate team building and the growth of RepairSmith service and work culture
WHAT YOU BRING:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in service fleet operations
- Industry experience in automotive, mobility, home services, or delivery related businesses
- Experience overseeing and growing customer-related operations including customer service and field services
- Experience in supply chain and procurement procedures
- Experience in recruiting and managing a national workforce of hourly employees and ability to work with remote teams across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Strong ability to manage and motivate staff through excellent communication, organization and operational involvement
- Willingness to travel
- Have the entrepreneurial spirit needed to help shape our startup company’s identity and at the same time integrate and advance RepairSmith’s South East service culture
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Unlimited vacation time
- Work from home capabilities
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.