Director, Fleet Operations
Phoenix, AZ /
Operations – HQ /
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere. The company's at-home service offers car owners complete, convenient repair and maintenance service, upfront prices before booking, and five-star quality service all at an affordable price. RepairSmith delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location for fleet owners to maximize vehicle utilization and consolidate costs.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service across 550+ cities. All RepairSmith mechanics are employees of the company and are equipped with quality tools and parts to deliver a five-star service experience. The company is backed by Daimler AG.
RepairSmith has been recognized by Built In LA as one of the 'Best Places to Work,' and awarded the 'Business Transformation Award' by the Association for Corporate Growth in Los Angeles. RepairSmith's technicians have been named 'Essential Worker Hero of the Year' by the Consumer World Awards.
To learn more, visit www.RepairSmith.com and follow the company on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.
As the Director, Fleet Operations you will shape and guide a fast growing, dynamic Automotive Service startup. Under your leadership the fleet service operations will grow efficiently and will deliver exceptional customer satisfaction.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO:
- Scale fleet operations to all relevant markets for a broad portfolio of customers
- Define and implement partnership SOPs across the entire Fleet Operations team and co-operate closely with Partnership Marketing
- Develop and execute fleet service standard operating procedures
- Manage service operations in various fleets of last mile delivery terminals within and beyond our B2C customer operations footprint
- Raise and manage a team of fleet designated service technicians and service advisors, and establish the role of fleet captains in close alignment with the regional General Managers
- Co-operate closely with the fleet sales team members to achieve service sales targets and maintain customer satisfaction
- Specify digital product requirements supporting the efficient service execution (site scheduling, technician scheduling, parts identification and ordering, bonus, and timecard accounting, etc.)
- Support with the specification and implementation of fleet specific products (services, service packages, etc.) to exceed customer expectations
- Identify partnership opportunities with fleet management companies to drive efficiency
- Manage, motivate and grow the technician workforce for Fleet with focus on required technicians’ skill level and directing towards efficiency of the dedicated workforce, this includes timecards, schedule management and staff management leveraging the centrally provided HR systems.
- Enhance the current workshop and stocking infrastructure.
- Identifying and contracting a suitable operations home base to park and stock the service vans, specifically for the Fleet and location-based service operations.
- Travel to all active fleet locations to ensure quality and standards are met
- Identify improvement opportunities and initiate optimization measures along fleet service operations (scheduling, dispatch, service/repair execution, customer interaction and follow-up, fleet repair van/tool handling, etc.)
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience in operations management, process design and execution across various teams and regions
- Experience in establishing partnership focused operating procedures with the ability to find workable compromises across the entire company (incl. product, technology, marketing, finance and operations)
- Experience in leading operations teams across various operation sites
- Knowledge on how to leverage data analytics to support change management and standardize procedures across teams/regions
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Unlimited vacation time
- Work from home capabilities (Local to PHX)
- 100% company paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.