Los Angeles, CA /
Data & BI – Data Science /
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere. The company's at-home service offers car owners complete, convenient repair and maintenance service, upfront prices before booking, and five-star quality service all at an affordable price. RepairSmith delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location for fleet owners to maximize vehicle utilization and consolidate costs.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service across 550+ cities. All RepairSmith mechanics are employees of the company and are equipped with quality tools and parts to deliver a five-star service experience. The company is backed by Daimler AG.
RepairSmith has been recognized by Built In LA as one of the 'Best Places to Work,' and awarded the 'Business Transformation Award' by the Association for Corporate Growth in Los Angeles. RepairSmith's technicians have been named 'Essential Worker Hero of the Year' by the Consumer World Awards.
To learn more, visit www.RepairSmith.com and follow the company on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.
The successful candidate will work on impactful projects that range from predicting customer life-time values and optimizing customer journeys to incorporating novel data sources for building cutting-edge pricing algorithms.
A hands-on leader, the successful candidate will have the technical acumen to both propose solutions and build algorithms and at the same time provide strategic leadership and manage projects.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO:
Own: The data acquisition, data analysis, data modeling and recommendations for all data driven features on the product – including diagnosis, pricing, recommendations among others.
Teach: Data analytics results and recommendations as required to other team members. Data availability and usage. Implications of data analysis.
Learn: Deep understanding of business, customer experience, data landscape,
Improve: Analysis of all company data to inform business decisions.
- 1 month: This person will:
- 3 months: This person will:
- 6 months: This person will:
Understand the company business context and data sources available. Can do basic conversion and pricing analysis.
Manage data vendor relationships, investigate and recommend new data sources. Provide pricing performance analysis & recommendations.
Have designed in collaboration with BI team a set of Pricing KPI reports to monitor ongoing progress in pricing goals. Have worked with core product manager to design the evolution of the pricing & recommendations systems.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- An educational background in computer-science or engineering, math, statistics, physics or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams and leading large projects.
- 3+ years of experience with model development and working with large datasets.
- 3+ programming experience in SQL, Python or R with good grasp of software engineering best practices such as code-reusability, modularity, use of repos, etc.
- Proven track record of success in the development and deployment of data management, data governance, data analytics and business intelligence projects and programs
- Prior experience in helping organizations mature their data science framework, governance and capabilities
- Leadership style that exhibits strategic thinking, high energy, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Strong commercial orientation with the ability to interpret business requirements and translate those into actionable and practical technology strategies
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders to develop recommendations, achieve buy-in and achieve measurable results
- A growth mindset with versatile skills and able to work through problems systematically.
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your ability to draw inferences from data.
- A can-do team player who is willing to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever is needed to move projects forward. That means at times you will wear multiple hats and be a project manager, developer, modeler and chief communicator of solutions.
- Amazing people skills and able to translate and communicate complex algorithms to non-technical experts. Someone who understands that it is not enough to just have a great algorithm but important to create a buy-in for the solution from different stakeholders.
- The best problems in the industry are yet to be articulated. We need someone who is creative, self-motivated and can lead projects independently.
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Unlimited vacation time
- Work from home capabilities
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.