Fleet Repair Specialist (Automotive Technician)
Austin, TX /
Operations – Fleet /
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere with its disruptive service, offering the first and only full-service mobile solution for automotive repair and maintenance.
The company delivers complete mobile repair and maintenance to car owners with the convenience of online booking and instant price quotes, combined with five-star quality service at fair, affordable prices. RepairSmith also delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location to fleet operators, car rental agencies, and dealership customers.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service in 650+ cities across six states with over 100,000 service appointments completed to date. All RepairSmith technicians are employees of the company, equipped with customized state-of-the-art mobile service vans to deliver a best-in-class experience. Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021, RepairSmith is backed by TI Capital, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche Ventures, Spring Mountain Capital, and other venture and automotive investors.
To learn more, visit www.RepairSmith.com and follow the company on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Love fixing cars but dislike the shop? Join our mobile mechanic team, RepairSmith, and get on a program with 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, & vision) and state-of-the-art tools!
We offer car repair services at our customers' homes or offices. With no shop overhead, we are able to provide our technicians better pay. Do what you love and know what you’re getting paid week in and week out.
This role is with a fast-growing company and now is the right time to get in. Great pay plus a great benefits package. plus the ability to grow and advance your career through on-the-job training and the ability to take additional ASE certifications.
DAY TO DAY:
- Perform scheduled vehicle maintenance and the replacement of common wear and tear parts and tire services
- Set-up location based service operations and run the location jointly with other technicians as a service team
- Inspect vehicles following a defined procedure and interact with the fleet management staff and central office team members
- Diagnose and repair vehicles to ensure customers can drive away feeling safe and at ease
- Provide repair quote estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Maintain the service equipment provided: including stocking of parts, liquids and proper disposal
- Be part of a team that cares about customers, and works to solve technical problems quickly and effectively
- Other duties as assigned by regional manager
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum of 3 years of recent professional automotive repair experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Completion of tech school or prove of alternative work experience
- ASE certifications especially on light duty diesel and/or technical school is a plus
- Valid driver's license (clear background check)
- Ability to work in a night shift model
- Knowledge in working and using repair shop software (AllData, Mitchell 1, etc)
- Experience in fleet services and working on panel vans is a plus
- A desire to provide an extraordinary customer experience
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive pay (DOE)
- Paid vacation time
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity share; a percentage of the long-term value we create together
- Access to state of the art tools and equipment (you do not bring your own)
- Company branded vehicle provided
- Work clothes (uniforms) and safety gear provided
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
- More info on the job here: https://fleet.repairsmith.com/jobs
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.