Technical Team Lead
Atlanta, GA /
Operations – HQ /
RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere. The company's at-home service offers car owners complete, convenient repair and maintenance service, upfront prices before booking, and five-star quality service all at an affordable price. RepairSmith delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location for fleet owners to maximize vehicle utilization and consolidate costs.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service across 550+ cities. All RepairSmith mechanics are employees of the company and are equipped with quality tools and parts to deliver a five-star service experience. The company is backed by Daimler AG.
RepairSmith has been recognized by Built In LA as one of the 'Best Places to Work,' and awarded the 'Business Transformation Award' by the Association for Corporate Growth in Los Angeles. RepairSmith's technicians have been named 'Essential Worker Hero of the Year' by the Consumer World Awards.
To learn more, visit www.RepairSmith.com and follow the company on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.
A Technical Team Lead reports directly to the Region General Manager. The Technical Team Lead is responsible for duties including but not limited to, dispatch, service advisor, automotive repair, training, and development of new technicians, and most importantly helping to build processes that aid in efficient repairs.
As team leader, you will have the opportunity to coach and develop your own team of technicians in a mobile repair service environment. Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring, and managing the team in your region. As a servant leader, the team leader will ensure that their team of technicians will have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift.
DAY TO DAY:
- Work on site with technicians, perform field visits to coach and if needed to deliver corrective actions on safety, quality and productivity.
- Manage and own the hub operations in their region, in case of a remote Regional manager who is not present in the same city or state.
- Review the work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall region objectives.
- Is an owner and partner to the Regional Managers, and responsible to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
- Support, implement and drive all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Interview, hire and properly train new and existing team members, making sure that their barriers are addressed so they can focus on their jobs, and held accountable to the regional goals and targets.
- Safe and responsible use of company Van: making sure that the vans is on site daily at each location, stored securely, assist with van maintenance, service appointment scheduling.
- Ensuring that the company vans are well maintained according to safety and quality established procedures and standards
- Create automotive estimates, and submit work orders daily for jobs performed
- Aid in dispatch of technicians, ensuring that their schedule fill rate is met (ROs/Day and AOV) and that they are executing to standards and expectations.
- Adequately explain technical diagnosis, necessary repairs to individuals, shop personnel, extended warranty, fleet management companies.
- Utilize various tools, diagnostic equipment, and virtual systems to make the most effective repairs to vehicles.
- Design and develop process flows, training content based on recommendations and changes in technology, and recommend resolutions for faults, error messages, module corrections.
- Coach technicians on customer service and how to properly communicate with customers.
- Establish company culture and core values within team.
- Ensure response times are quick and effective to appropriately resolve requests.
- Work hours based on the daily customer demand and are not limited to business hours.
- Other duties as assigned, not limited to the above items.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Complete all training, on-line and hands-on, as required by position.
- Work towards Refrigerant Recycling License
- Work towards continual ASE Certifications
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Efficient in handling vehicle parts
- Ability to adhere to a set schedule and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively and responsibly communicate with others, including clients, customers, team members, support staff, vendors, technical support, management.
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive Pay (DOE)
- Unlimited paid vacation time
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Access to state-of-the-art tools and equipment (you do not bring your own) Work clothes (uniforms) and safety shoe allowance
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.