Full Stack Developer
Background on Replate: Replate is the new nonprofit. We live by giving, fulfilling our mission through the application of technology to solve two of the worlds hardest problems. We create technology that activates communities to redistribute surplus food to those who need it. We utilize a customer facing dashboard to make it easy for businesses to schedule pickups of their surplus food. The food is then picked up by our food rescuers and taken to nonprofits in the local community that feed people that are experiencing food insecurity. This is an opportunity to direct the technological course of a mission driven organization and immediately see the positive impact your projects have on your community and the world. Replate has created over 2 million meals to date. In this position, you will be a part of our plan to serve 16 million meals to 100,000 people in the next 4 years!
Summary of Position: The Full Stack Developer will be a leader of the Replate Engineering Team, working closely with the Product Manager to define and carry out short term and long term development projects. These efforts will include improvements and maintenance of the Replate website, donor dashboard, donor database, recipient database, and operations dashboard. The Full Stack Developer will also oversee the design and implementation of new technology while working collaboratively with the Product Manager to lead the Software Engineering Team.
What you need for this role:
- 3+ years of experience building consumer web applications or B2B services
- Ability to mentor and lead the team
- Solid Ruby on Rails skills or deep experience with other web frameworks
- Database experience (we use PostgreSQL)
- Strong Object Oriented design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- You care about food waste/food insecurity and strive to make a difference in your community
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will be the technical leader of the engineering team in solving problems, creating solutions and designing new features.
- You are emotionally intelligent and understand the impact your actions have on others.
- You will create, design and implement solutions to database problems.
- Create and implement scalable automated solutions for our operations team.
- You will thoroughly test code before pushing to production.
- You’ll meet deadlines and the project schedule laid out in collaboration with the project manager.
- You will communicate obstacles and challenges with product manager to find solutions to problems as soon as possible.
- You spend the time to understand the stakeholders challenges you are creating solutions for.
- You are open to feedback both positive and negative, understanding that continued feedback is the path to growth.
If this sounds like you please apply with a resume and cover letter.