Senior Engineer, Thinking Machines
Remote US and Canada /
Engineering – Thinking Machines /
Full Time Employee
Replicant is a voice AI technology that works out-of-the-box to solve customer problems over the phone. We craft great conversations by combining Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and linguistic conversational design into the fastest, smartest, and most expressive Thinking Machines™ you’ve ever spoken with.
Our platform lets companies offer high-touch customer service without hiring, offshoring, or adding complex technical infrastructure to your call center. Replicant’s autonomous contact center handles call flows so agents can focus on what matters to customers, rather than answering mundane questions.
At Replicant, we’re creating a market for human-to-machine communications for the enterprise and redefining what it means to have machine driven conversations. We’re starting with customer service but the opportunity is much larger as we enter new markets and verticals. If you’re excited by AI and automation and want to make an impact with great technologists from MIT and Berkeley and strong go-to-market leaders from companies like Salesforce and Talkdesk, look no further.
Replicant is an ecosystem for crafting conversations, with in-house deep-learning algorithms we’ve built from scratch that allow our Thinking Machines™ to listen, think, and interact with the world. We have also built a suite of tools for conversation design and development, monitoring, testing, continuous learning, and constant improvement.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer with strong development and communication skills to design, build, and improve customer facing Thinking Machines™. You will have the opportunity to improve our core services where necessary, implement clean communication between various internal and external systems, explore Conversational UIs, and help level up our growing team.
What You'll Do
- Solving interesting challenges as not all of the problems we encounter have frameworks or well-defined solutions
- Ownership; we know that we don’t know everything and will need you to help us:
- Develop Thinking Machines™ in Typescript and in-house visualization tools
- Use internal tools to build machine learning models
- Work closely with developers, project teams, and customers
- Review and write API specifications for internal and external stakeholders
- Write, run, and maintain scripts to retrieve or modify data
- Review and improve our internal tools and models for creating Thinking Machines™
What You'll Bring
- You have excellent communication skills and a vivid imagination
- You have a keen eye for data flow and building understandable, testable systems
- You are an independent thinker and like to own and solve complex problems
- You are interested in exploring the nuance and aesthetic of conversations
- Experience working with REST APIs, Authentication (OAuth 2.0 and Basic)
- Experience with enterprise tools like Salesforce and Zendesk experience is a plus
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.