Senior Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing /
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead our messaging and drive awareness of our work and vision for shifting the landscape of enterprise software. With a deep understanding of our products and ecosystem, you will engage with our direct customers (software vendors) and end customers (enterprise IT admins) to understand their needs and what will make them excited to promote our products, and bring market feedback as key inputs into the product roadmap. As our first marketing hire, you’ll report to the Chief Product Officer. You’ll work with executive leadership to craft strategies and tactics for sharing the value that Replicated brings to the enterprise software world. You will also execute on that strategy, leading the full spectrum of marketing for our products and initiatives and ensuring their readiness to go to market.
The culture at Replicated is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and engineering oriented. We value cutting-edge technology and aim to get the most out of emerging open source standards. Our business and marketing team is dedicated to crafting and iterating on the best possible means of communicating value to potential and current customers. You will lead and push forward the conversations underlying these objectives. This role is perfect for someone with a technical background who has a drive to learn and innovate pre-existing marketing strategies.
What you'll do:
- Develop product messaging and positioning, understanding key value drivers in the market, our unique value proposition, and how our users perceive our product.
- Create customer-facing content, including: website pages, sales decks, blog posts, case studies, use cases, demos, webinars, videos, white papers, in-app content, and onboarding guides.
- Develop and deliver product, market, and industry-specific enablement to the sales team.
- Drive and launch strategic go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product, design, sales, engineering and PR to drive the execution of product or new feature launches.
- Lead competitive and market analysis projects.
- Participate in and contribute to field and industry events as a Replicated evangelist and thought leader.
- Bring customer and market feedback to the product org to refine and evolve our product roadmap, pricing, and packaging.
- Participate and support win/loss analysis to understand why we win, where we win, who to target, and what to avoid.
- Develop relationships with analysts and brief them about Replicated, resulting in favorable placement in analyst market research reports.
You should have:
- 4+ years experience in product marketing at a technical company (devops, dev tool, systems, database, etc.).
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and visual communication skills with a focus on technical subjects.
- Experience launching technical products targeted to developers or operations.
- Understanding of Kubernetes.
- Ability to dive into a product and become a champion and promote features, use cases, and value propositions to customers.
- Knowledge and experience in customer buying behavior for enterprise software.
- Experience with open source a plus.
Replicated provides the tools for software companies to operationalize and scale the delivery of their Kubernetes-based applications to enterprise customers using a “modern on-prem” methodology. We're working to improve the overall state of Enterprise Software by making it simpler for innovative teams to sell to large Enterprise customers without shifting focus away from their core products.
We are a Series-A stage startup with great customers, including HashiCorp, Gradle, Snyk, Sysdig, CircleCI, Wickr and many others. We care a lot about automation, and strive towards continuous deployments of our microservice repos on each merged pull-request.
We're a small team (14 engineers) led by two insightful and dedicated founders, who were early to recognize that container orchestration could become an essential tool for businesses of all sizes. Almost half of the Fortune 100 companies already manage applications using Replicated, and customer satisfaction and retention is very high.
Our open-source KOTS (Kubernetes-off-the-shelf) project is a good example of our work.
Replicated is committed to cultivating an efficient, respectful workplace. We provide strong health and dental benefits, mandatory vacation, and are eager to advance the skills and careers of our employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and we work to make sure that all team members have an equal opportunity to succeed.