Replicated is looking for a Product Manager to assess, prioritize, and guide the direction of our products in collaboration with our engineers and customers. Your primary responsibilities will include understanding the broad spectrum of customers’ needs, influencing business strategy, defining feature specification, and working with members of the engineering team to develop our products. You will focus on how we can build and evolve our products to better serve our customers by developing expertise on our domain and market, leading and evangelizing product vision, and incorporating knowledge gained from your customer relationships into the creation process.
The culture at Replicated is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and engineering oriented. We value cutting-edge technology and aim to get the most out of emerging open source standards. Our product team works with both customer success and engineering team members to implement feedback from companies who rely on our platform and products. You will own workflows for the continual synthesis and incorporation of learned best practices into our customers’ user experiences. This role is perfect for a highly motivated, technically-oriented product manager with experience in the cloud native/DevOps ecosystem.
What you'll do:
- Cross-functionally collaborate on building and advancing our platform and products to better serve our customers
- Own and evangelize the vision for multiple products, ensuring alignment with overall company vision and encouraging buy-in of relevant stakeholders
- Maintain expertise of our domain and market trends
- Represent the customer in our creation process: build on your personal customer relationships to be their champion and voice
- Manage product roadmaps: build trust among stakeholders by maintaining an accurate, legible roadmap that enables tactical prioritization decisions
- Translate customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog and author use cases based on specific real-world product applications, extrapolating detailed product requirements
- Measure success: own the measures used to define success for our products, defining them at a product’s inception and tracking them throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You should have:
- Technical background and experience
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Strong technical abilities: intimate familiarity with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications (especially on-prem)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Be able to define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Entrepreneurially minded, collaborative, highly effective communicator with strong organizational and analytical skills
Other things we're looking for:
- Ability to validate early ideas through quantitative and qualitative methods (A/B and multivariate testing, user testing, etc)
- Experience in user experience (UX) design a plus
- Scripting/programming experience (Python, Go, etc.)
Replicated provides the tools for software companies to operationalize and scale the delivery of their Kubernetes-based applications to enterprise customers using a “modern on-prem” methodology. We're working to improve the overall state of Enterprise Software by making it simpler for innovative teams to sell to large Enterprise customers without shifting focus away from their core products.
We are a Series-A stage startup with great customers, including HashiCorp, Gradle, Snyk, Sysdig, CircleCI, Wickr and many others. We care a lot about automation, and strive towards continuous deployments of our microservice repos on each merged pull-request.
We're a small team (14 engineers) led by two insightful and dedicated founders, who were early to recognize that container orchestration could become an essential tool for businesses of all sizes. Almost half of the Fortune 100 companies already manage applications using Replicated, and customer satisfaction and retention is very high.
Our open-source KOTS (Kubernetes-off-the-shelf) project is a good example of our work.
Replicated is committed to cultivating an efficient, respectful workplace. We provide strong health and dental benefits, mandatory vacation, and are eager to advance the skills and careers of our employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and we work to make sure that all team members have an equal opportunity to succeed.