Global (overlap 4 hours with US Pacific Time) /
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Computers are the most powerful tools to exist in the history of humanity. Sadly, most people are mere consumers of these machines. Only a relative few—the professional software developers—can use this superpower to its fullest extent. As a result, it's creating an unbalanced world where there are those who program and those who consume programs.
Replit wants to change that dynamic by bringing the next billion software creators online.
Note that the listed qualifications are mere approximations. If you're a talented hacker but don't really fit the requirements then get in touch anyways.
Position: Product Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
* Work with designers and product managers to build delightful user experiences
* Talk to users and iterate on product
* Ideate new products and services that helps us make coding more accessible
* Work with platform engineers to build IDE services and plugins
* Able and enjoys writing maintainable CSS
* Good product and design sense
* Experience architecting and maintaining large JS apps
* Comfortable with SQL and database abstractions
* Comfortable debugging production systems (instrumentation, monitoring, etc)
* Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
* Expert React.js and GraphQL programmer
* Experience building libraries and frameworks
* Experience building a developer tool (it can be personal dev)
* Experience building products that follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
SF or Remote (currently only open to +/-4 hours from pacific time zone)
Ready to build the world's largest developer platform?