National Grassroots Mobilization Director (remote)
Washington, District of Columbia /
Marketing – Digital /
RepresentUs is the nation's leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America's corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We're not a startup, but we've got startup DNA: we're nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore "industry standards" and set a new standard.
We're looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That's why we're an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We're headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
About The Role
Under the direction of the Movement Director, the National Grassroots Mobilization Director will build and maintain a national digital organizing strategy to win high-impact democracy reform campaigns across the country.
The Mobilization Director will build and maintain a national digital organizing strategy focusing on engaging RepresentUs' sizable online membership with activation opportunities. They will work hand-in-hand with organizational leadership to design national multi-channel campaigns that recruit volunteers, pressure lawmakers, raise awareness about democracy reform, and win campaigns. They will work with their team to build a ladder of engagement that activates new members to be part of meaningful campaigns and design a digital engagement program that scales our volunteer program. This is a leadership role within the organization with responsibility for managing a diverse staff as well as driving digital engagement. Location is flexible, and we currently allow staff to work from home during COVID-19 for safety.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing the overall vision and plan for national engagement and volunteer infrastructure, including development of digital organizing staff, building low-to-high-lift volunteer opportunities, and retaining RepresentUs’ volunteer base;
- Building & managing a team of digital organizers focused on P2P, SMS, email, and digital ads programs to meet digital organizing goals;
- Working in close coordination with organizational leadership to design and implement impactful multi-channel campaigns that engage our national membership of donors, activists, and volunteers and ensure alignment across RepresentUs’ platforms;
- Working with organizational leadership to set metrics and goals around member engagement and volunteer activation, ensuring RepresentUs members are activated and ascending a ladder of engagement that provides value to the organization and our movement;
- Guiding the integration of other campaign functions in RepresentUs’ digital organizing initiatives, including rapid response opportunities, communications, and field strategies both nationally and in target states;
- Overseeing and managing outside consultants and strategic advisors as needed;
- Other responsibilities and tasks as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated expert-level digital organizing experience. Statewide advocacy, electoral, and/or ballot initiative experience is also helpful.
- Experience designing and launching cross-channel advocacy campaigns that incorporate web, email, social media, and press components and offer volunteers meaningful ways to plug in.
- Willingness to manage a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives, and a commitment to helping them grow and succeed.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with demonstrated success communicating complex political strategies to diverse audiences.
- Proficient at analyzing data and using results to communicate program success, building recommendations and adapting campaign strategies.
- Excellent strategic thinking and execution skills; ability to meet goals within a complex and sophisticated landscape.
- Commitment to working beyond partisanship is required. Previous experience working with cross-partisan coalitions is preferred – candidates without this experience will be considered if they can speak to how they would approach working across the aisle.
- Passion for RepresentUs' mission to make America work for everyone, not just the powerful and well-connected.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Ability to travel on behalf of the organization as needed (precautions and exceptions will be made during COVID pandemic).
- This is a remote position, and candidates must have consistent access to reliable internet and phone.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, a health concierge benefit, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal, sick, and volunteer time.
The annual salary range for the National Grassroots Mobilization Director position is $75,000-$95,000, depending on location and experience.
Please provide a resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.