Senior HR Generalist
New York, New York /
People Operations Team /
Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and is comprised of a community of over 1.5M users across 100 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
The Senior Human Resource Generalist will assist in administering a variety of HR and management programs in a manner that enhances the productivity and effectiveness of Republic’s employees as well as providing strong service to internal and external customers. The work involves dealing professionally with highly confidential information and maintaining a customer-focused orientation. The primary focus of this position is benefits, compensation & metrics, employee relations, and Human Resource Information Systems supported by the Human Resource Team with the intent of continued streamlined efforts, and customer service and obtained results.
- Administers the benefits program for all employees as well as facilitates the communication of all benefit changes to employees and ensures benefit enrollment process is timely and smooth.
- Develops and provides benefit information as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate entering and processing of relative data in Human Resource Information System.
- Ensures compliance with US employment laws.
- Provide routine and ad hoc reports via business objectives in support of compensation planning, compliance, staffing and other processes.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data and prepares a variety of statistical and other reports for the department; analyzes comparative data related to salaries and benefits, makes recommendations regarding proper classification of positions (FLSA).
- Assists in successful, professional resolution of moderately difficult employee problems, issues and questions.
- Advises, coaches and counsels employees and managers on day-to-day employee relations issues.
- Managing Human Resources Interactions between employees and management including but not limited to: employee hiring, employee terminations, disciplinary events and the development of severance packages where appropriate.
- Coordinate Compensation Programs including Salary Surveys.
- Compare internal positions and salary ranges against other similar companies.
- Develop/coordinate job descriptions for new created positions.
- Assist with compiling and developing the annual department budget. Involved in tracking against budget spend and identifying any gap analysis.
- Assist HR Team in annual Performance Management Process and Compensation planning process through the on-line Performance Management tool.
- Assist HR Team by editing human resources communications content including company announcements, presentations, policies, forms, training material, etc.
- Create and maintain latest revisions of human resources forms and maintain latest revisions of HR policies.
- Assist HR Team in maintaining EEO-1 reporting, 401k Compliance Testing, and other federal and state government regulations and requirements.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Strong drive for results and ability to get projects/tasks complete in a timely manner
- A minimum of 7 years generalist experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or SPHR preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work well independently.
- Must be resilient and embrace change and process improvements.
- A proven track record in having worked expertly in a face-paced, dynamic and changing work environment is a must.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, employee relation, documentation, presentation and communication skills, as well as, good judgment in communicating program information.
- Ability to analyze difficult and complex issues and to make recommendations for proper actions.
- A bias for action in responding to organizational and employee issues.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong problem solving skills to address complex challenges and issues.
- An ability to influence others.
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of full Microsoft Package required.
- Must have 3+ years experience in Human Resource Information System (such as ADP/HRB, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing,
- Ability to conduct research and to prepare analyses and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with all employees.
- Abilit to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Will be self directed, motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, and have excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
We value our employees and strive to offer competitive benefits to support their whole selves. Here’s a sampling: Unlimited PTO, fully subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance, 4% 401k match, fitness stipend and weekly virtual meditation.