Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, CA or Remote in CO, MA, MI, MN, RI, or TX
Rescale is the leader in enterprise big compute and is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Valley. Our customers range from disruptive and innovative startups to leading global automotive manufacturers. Our dynamic team is welcoming, collaborative and diverse. Becoming a part of the Rescale team means that you are part of the next generation in big compute. You will become part of the disruption which is turning traditional HPC on its head.
Our stack consists of a set of Python and Java services deployed on AWS. In turn, these services configure and manage on-demand, isolated HPC clusters hosted on a number of different infrastructure providers. All of this needs to be fully automated, monitored, and self-healing. This is where you come in.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead our build and deployment automation efforts. The ideal candidate will be capable of digging into the code base as needed instead of treating the deployables as a black box.
Key Qualifications Include:
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• Experience managing, monitoring, and optimizing the performance of cloud-native applications in production.
• Experience with a configuration management tool. (salt, puppet, chef, ansible, etc.)
• Proficiency in a modern scripting language. (python, ruby, etc.)
• Linux and shell-scripting proficiency.
• Tackling networking challenges related to hybrid, cross-region, and cross-provider deployments.
• Must be willing and able to express your opinion and stand up for your ideas while also being open to suggestions and alternatives.
Ideally, you will also have experience with:
• Container orchestration tools.
• At least one of: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
• Scaling and tuning both relational and non-relational datastores.
• Traditional HPC schedulers.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.