Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Rescale provides the largest, most secure, global HPC footprint seamlessly integrated into an easy-to-use platform built for engineers and scientists. Rescale is disrupting the staid on premise HPC world. Rescale is HPC in the Cloud.
Not that long ago, we were a team of two, who rendered the Boeing 787 wing on commodity hardware, saving $150M in the process. Now we are a team of 50+ software engineers, computer scientists, domain experts, and industry thought leaders, helping advanced tech companies bring their complex use cases to the cloud.
We need passionate go-getters who can take partially specified use cases and build robust frameworks which can be quickly leveraged by fellow teammates, enabling the next big HPC use case.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer (HPC Platform) to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
· Designing and building out the fundamental architecture of our industry-leading HPC platform.
· Writing code which effortlessly handles multiple simultaneous cloud orchestration, job submittal, and instance deploy/maintain/audit/reproducibility/security use cases for some of the most difficult regulatory regimes worldwide.
· Architecting robust and extensible scale-out frameworks to handle our ongoing and accelerating use case uptake across all the major cloud providers worldwide.
Key Qualifications include:
· BS in EECS, CS or related field.
· 5-8+ years of experience in a similar role.
· Very high skill in Java and Python.
· Ability to write clean, well-tested, maintainable code in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
· Demonstrated ability to ship a high-impact product.
Ideally, you will also have experience with:
· High performance computing.
· Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM).
· Strong and varied experience in building and shipping performant, flexible, and scalable cloud orchestration frameworks.
· Strong and varied experience in building and shipping performant, flexible, and scalable frameworks in Java and/or Python.
· Demonstrated experience in data architecture, modeling and optimization.
· Ability to lead, manage and mentor junior engineers.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.