Remote (North America) /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Rescale is high performance computing built for the cloud. We empower engineers while giving IT security and control. From supersonic jets to personalized medicine, industry leaders are bringing new product innovations to market with unprecedented speed and efficiency. Rescale is a cloud platform delivering intelligent full-stack automation and performance optimization. IT leaders use Rescale to deliver HPC-as-a-Service with a secure control plane to deliver any application, on any architecture, at any scale on their cloud of choice.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team! We are looking forward to your contributions to scale the Rescale Engineering team in our next stage of high growth.
At Rescale, this means you will work on and impact:
- Integrations between Rescale’s systems and a variety of public and speciality cloud services
- Job orchestration systems that reliability and resiliently manage the execution of multi-step workloads across multiple clouds and regions.
- Create strong and positive alignment between EPD (Engineering, Product and Design) and customer-facing (e.g. Support and Solutions) teams in a fast-moving technology startup environment.
- Develop strong Engineers and leaders by holding them to a high bar while empowering them to succeed.
What we're looking for:
- Naturally drives clarity and alignment in written and interactive communication and during people interactions.
- Excellent project delivery and stakeholder management skills in an agile software engineering context.
- Exhibits strong end-to-end ownership of their own and their team’s decisions and ownership surface area.
- Focuses their team and peers on delivering positive business impact to their stakeholders and organization at large.
- Delivers direct positive customer impact through customer obsession.
- Modulates ambiguity for their team and stakeholders.
- Establishes world-class working relationships with Product, built upon clear ownership and joint accountability.
- Effectively balances the needs of their team (and themselves) with that of the business.
- Builds cohesive and well-functioning teams by hiring and onboarding high-potential talent at the appropriate pace for a high-growth startup.
What we'll need from you:
- 3+ years experience managing high-performing Software Engineering teams of 3-10 people
- Experience working in a scaled Engineering, Product and Design organization in a fast-moving startup environment
- Experience taking over the management of existing teams as well as building teams from scratch.
- Technically proficient as an IC, at least to Senior Engineer level.
- Led the delivery of, at least, one multi-quarter architectural change with quantifiable impact
- Experience managing a SaaS system powering a complex backend product.
The salary for this position, which depends on prior work experience and our assessment of your demonstrated fit for the role, will likely be between $200,000 - $230,000 for California and NYC metro applicants and between $160,000 - $210,000 for all other regions/cities.
Rescale is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.