Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Germany. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid remote/in person approach to work. /
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be at the forefront of our platform development efforts. You will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and services that power our platform, working closely with product and data teams to ensure that our platform is scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Design and build the platform infrastructure that powers our products and services.
- Develop and implement automation tools and processes to streamline platform operations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues, identifying root causes and implementing solutions.
- Continuously improve platform performance and scalability.
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to platform engineering.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with non-relational and relational databases.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience with containerization technologies.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management.
- Collaborative team spirit and effective communication skills.
Life at ResearchGate
You'll be working in an open and empowered company culture, with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy being a part of an energetic team that’s passionate about changing science for the better. We’re a team of optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Enjoy a flexible working environment that adapts to your life circumstances, a generous 30 full days of vacation for you to unwind and days focused for your professional development to further grow your career along with free access to a platform to support your mental wellbeing.
We support a remote work approach by enabling our team to work across borders (up to 120 days a year) by partnering with WorkFlex. Most of us work from the comfort of our homes, but our office located in the heart of Berlin is still open for you as an opportunity to change scenery and meet others. We occasionally come together for team summits, workshops, and in-person meetings, but fully embrace a remote-first approach to work.
ResearchGate is an equal opportunity employer
We encourage people from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply with us and help us change the world of science. We commit to impartial and inclusive hiring processes, and therefore ask you to please refrain from adding a picture and your age to your application form or CV.
Our hiring decisions are made based on your skills and qualifications, regardless of your age, gender, origin or race/ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, religion, or any other (perceived) personal characteristics. We are excited to receive your application.
ResearchGate Intro and Mission
ResearchGate is the largest professional network for scientists and researchers. We've built a platform that helps the world's scientists and researchers to connect, collaborate, and advance their research to drive progress towards a better world.
Over 25 million members from 193+ countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research.