Senior UX Designer (m/f/d)
UX – Design
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
You are a specialist who will not compromise their talent on hype and ideas without substance. You want to solve problems that matter. You care about making a lasting impact.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will take on complex user problems and help transform them into intuitive solutions for 15+ million researchers. At ResearchGate, you will practice design and product thinking as a craft while helping drive science forward.
- Conceptualize and develop user interfaces that facilitate the exchange of science on our platform
- Iterate on your designs with user research, user interviews and usability testing
- Apply user centered design methodologies and tools to deliver impactful designs
- Collaborate closely with product managers and stakeholders to develop products and services
- Work together with UX engineers and engineering teams to ensure proper implementations of designs
- 5+ years of experience designing human centered products and applications, experiences and services
- Experience working with and designing for design systems (ideally)
- You feel at ease working with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Experience working with user personas, user journeys, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Comfortability working with agile methodologies and processes
- Strong communication of product’s vision and design decisions, as well as presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- You can develop ideas and concepts based on extensive research
- You develop unique and clean solutions to complex problems
- You possess excellent communication skills and can build strong working relationships
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the possibility to individually shape your own professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We're located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.