UK DCS Technical Director (IAC2138)
Andover, UK /
RII develops cutting-edge software for the government and military. We use agile development practices and user-centered design to create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems. We're breaking through the big, slow status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world.
We are looking for a committed, hands-on Technical Director to join our team. You will solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position would require a UK Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
This position is considered “covered” under Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. As a covered contractor, it is required that the individual hired to this role be fully vaccinated by their start date, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. If an employee requests a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief, RII will provide accommodations to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship on the company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for being the primary customer point of contact for all technical concerns and leading, coordinating and supporting overall system integration activities
- Must be able to effectively listen to customer concerns, articulate the team's technical approaches, manage customer expectation, and be responsive to customer technical requests
- Responsible for understanding what success means to the customer and aligns the customer, RII's and the end users interests
- Responsible for identifying when customers are driving efforts outside of the contractual scope and/or assumed execution parameters
- Responsible for understanding the dependencies the customer's efforts have with other System of System needs, timelines and life-cycle requirements
- Responsible for establishing a technical approach and strategy that can meet RII's contractual requirements and deliver on the aligned interests
- Responsible for identifying technical risks, their assessment, and mitigation strategies
- Responsible for growing a team of local UK based technical and development experts, integrated into a larger international enterprise development effort
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Led the deployment of large complex distributed systems with complex security requirements encountered when deploying on UK Government networks
- Managed technical requirements baseline in a large agile development program with significant customer engagement
- Directed the development and accreditation of large distributed systems, operating across multiple government networks and security classifications
- Tested and deployed large distributed applications ensuring performance, scalability, security, and availability/fault tolerance technical performance measures are met
- Experience with active management of technical risks
- Experience with cloud-native systems built on AWS primarily or alternatively Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with big data technologies to include Hadoop, Accumulo, Elasticsearch, MongoDB and Cloudera EDH
- Experience with web application infrastructures to include Apache HTTPD, NGINX and Spring products
- Experience with containerized applications using microservice architectures
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Atlassian products
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100% paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have a community manager and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.