Big Data Engineer
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
RII develops cutting-edge software for the government and military. We use agile development practices and user-centered design to create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems. We're breaking through the big, slow status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world.
Our team is currently seeking high-quality contributors for a variety of positions in the Northern Virginia area. Our projects include developing complex, web client server applications; developing mobile device applications and prototypes; developing Big Data and machine learning solutions; and architecting and prototyping complex distributed command and control network applications.
If you are a sharp, experienced engineer with demonstrated capabilities in designing and implementing Big Data architectures with scalable data extract, transform, and load technologies, and in deploying advanced analytics (e.g., natural language processing, deep learning) leveraging these architectures, we want to hear from you. Joining RII not only provides unique challenges and opportunities, it also directly and positively impacts many of our Defense and Homeland Security end users.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Establish, maintain, and enhance a Big Data analytics architecture in support of several customer projects.
- Be the engineering point-person for Big Data ingest, storage, and analytical capabilities and technologies.
- Maintain awareness of the current and emerging capabilities in Big Data and analytics technologies and how these apply to our customer challenges.
- Develop captivating solutions by collaborating with customers and the broader RII development team.
- Document use cases, solutions, & recommendations for our customers.
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or previous work experience.
- Worked with NoSQL databases and distributed indexing systems (Elasticsearch or SOLR).
- Developed scalable ingest/ETL pipelines using distributed messaging systems (such as Kafka or AMQP solutions).
- Experience in developing and deploying Java and Python-based software architectures.
- Experience in deploying advanced analytics capabilities (e.g., natural language processing, deep learning) in Big Data settings.
- Experience in Linux administration, and in runtime configuration management and automated deployment (using tools such as Puppet and Ansible).
- Excellent general understanding of Linux operating systems, distributed systems, microservices, and database technologies.
- Excellent general understanding of ETL and data analytics platforms.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure such as: Amazon Web Services EC2 or C2S.
- Experience in understanding and decomposing system level requirements into discrete and measurable tasks.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or work experience.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and supporting technologies enabled by Atlassian products.
- Experience with the BigTable family of columnar stores (HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo).
- Strong knowledge of installation, configuration, and maintenance of cloud computing and Big Data infrastructure to include Hadoop, Accumulo, Mongo, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Ansible, Lucene, and related technologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts.
- Designed, developed, and deployed machine learning based capabilities.
- Experience creating Big Data solutions using public, private, and hybrid cloud approaches.
- Experience with integration methodologies and tools for Big Data applications and services.
- Experience with data quality and data profiling tools.
- Experience with data analytics profiling and performance analysis.
- Experience leading a team of developers.
US Citizenship required. Candidates must be clearable to Secret, desired TS/SCI. Active clearance not required to apply.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.