Backend Analytics Senior Software Engineer (RASC110)
Alexandria, VA /
Software Engineering /
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Software Engineer to join our Analytics team. Solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret clearance; TS/SCI Desired. Active clearance not required to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Establish, maintain, and enhance an analytics architecture in support of several customer projects
- Be the engineering point-person for ingest, storage, and analytical capabilities and technologies
- Maintain awareness of the current and emerging capabilities in analytics technologies and how these apply to our customer challenges
- Develop captivating solutions by collaborating with customers and the broader RII development team
- Work with team members to provide microservice based solutions that power compelling UI components
- Document use cases, solutions, and recommendations for our customers
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or previous work experience
- Worked with NoSQL databases and distributed indexing systems (Elasticsearch or SOLR)
- Developed scalable ingest/ETL pipelines using distributed messaging systems such as Kafka or AMQP solutions
- Experience in developing and deploying Java and Python-based software architectures
- Experience in deploying advanced analytics capabilities (e.g. natural language processing, deep learning) in high data velocity settings
- Experience in Linux administration and in runtime configuration management and automated deployment using tools such as Ansible
- Excellent general understanding of Linux operating systems, distributed systems, microservices, and database technologies
- Excellent general understanding of ETL and data analytics platforms
- Experience in understanding and decomposing system level requirements into discrete and measurable tasks
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and supporting technologies enabled by Atlassian products
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or work experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts
- Experience with flow based programming concepts and Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with integration platforms and routing mediation engines such as Apache NiFi and Apache Camel
- Experience with the Spring ecosystem of tools (Spring Cloud, Spring Boot)
- Experience with the BigTable family of columnar stores (HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo)
- Experience creating Big Data solutions using public, private, and hybrid cloud approaches
- Experience with integration methodologies and tools for Big Data applications and services
- Experience with data quality and data profiling tools
- Experience with data analytics profiling and performance analysis
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100% paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have a community manager and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
If you are a sharp, experienced engineer with demonstrated capabilities in designing and implementing architectures with scalable data extract, transform, and load technologies, and in deploying advanced analytics (e.g., natural language processing, deep learning) leveraging these architectures, we want to hear from you.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.