Growth Data Analyst (US, NY)
New York /
Data – Analytics /
Resident is an industry-leading startup in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have since launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making, naturally curious and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
Resident seeks a highly motivated self starter to join our team. A great fit candidate will be excited to build a best in class acquisition program working on everything from Linear TV, podcast advertisements, programmatic direct mail, and so much more. The right candidate will be a problem solver with a passion for the Business and Marketing world who enjoys designing data driven approaches for measuring new channels.
**This is a Full Time position. To be eligible for candidacy you must live in the Greater NYC area.**
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and run quantitative analysis, models, reports, and more with the end goal to support our marketing efforts and overall growth initiatives
- Analytical lead for multiple projects cross functionally as needed
- Explore new and emerging acquisition opportunities, surfacing new ideas that may lead to breakthrough in growth or challenges
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the team and identify factors to improve acquisition performance and strategically improve customer and revenue growth
- Create and maintain acquisition marketing KPI reports
- Partner with channel managers to optimize marketing performance within each marketing channel (ex. SEM, Paid Social, Radio, Podcasts, Print, OTT, Direct Mail, Linear Television, etc.)
- Analyze, assess, and measure financial data associated with the stages of customer acquisition funnel using various analytics tools
- Model our values: Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum
- B.A / B.Sc degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)
- 2+ years experience as a Business/Marketing Analyst. Preference towards those with experience as a data analyst focused on acquisition and retention at an e-commerce brand with a high volume of complex data
- Experience in one or more of the following is a must: Linear TV, Podcast, Direct Mail, OTT
- Experience with Python, R, Google Analytics preferred
- Experience querying data warehouses (SQL), analyzing data, and arriving at insights using qualitative techniques
- Experience in a fast paced, start-up environment with the ability to quickly get up to speed, iterate and take on other projects
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets Required