Customer Success & Sales – Sales /
Resident is an industry-leading startup in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have since launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making, naturally curious and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
About the Role
Resident is looking for Inbound Sales Associates to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is a self-starter with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced remote call center environment, communicates effectively, and enjoys customer management through the entire sales cycle.
This is a Remote, Work from Home opportunity. Candidate must be available to work ANY Full Time scheduled shift given between the hours: 9:45 AM - 9:15 PM PST/ 12:45 PM EST - 12:15 AM EST SAT-FRI (with 2 days off weekly). We are open 365 days a year. Must be willing to work weekends & key holidays as well. Additionally, you must have a dedicated quiet work space to be considered for this role.
What You'll Be Doing
- Using a sales oriented mindset to manage customer requests and order generation through inbound or outbound phone and email.
- Use our data driven marketing tools to help drive sales via various warm leads on inbound or outbound channels and sales interactions.
- Tailored product knowledge of all Resident brands in order to provide the best purchasing options for our customers.
- Provide follow up calls to customers to guide through sales options as necessary.
- Maintain relationships with customers in order to help create lifetime value of our house of brands.
- Drive business growth and revenue by assisting with any sales inquiries or opportunities to cross sell/upsell across our house of brands.
- Thrive in a healthy and competitive sales environment.
- Find success in achieving monthly goals.
- Utilize your innate sales skills- which should include: active listening, qualifying customers, and helping lead the customer to the right product for them.
- Do not be afraid to ask for the sale!
- Take pride in leaving detailed notes for every customer interaction to uphold a high level of consistency between agents.
- Actively collect insights from customers and focus on closing the communication loop by providing product feedback.
- Provide timely updates regarding new trends in sales and support issues.
- Develop and document best practices to enhance business growth.
- Have a strong focus on retention by creating opportunities and options for customers interested in cancelling/returning orders.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert/Brand Ambassador for all our products.
- Continue to build on an already strong Sales team culture.
- A minimum of 2+ years of sales in a B2C sales driven environment.
- Previous ecommerce or retail background preferred.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on your own.
- Experience with handling a high volume of inbound and outbound tickets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong written communication skills that give you the ability to explain products in detail and sometimes-complex instructions coherently.
- Ability to bring an upbeat, professional and respectful approach to work each day.
- Experience/proficiency in programs such as Kustomer, Chat Tools, Zendesk, Google Suite, Slack.
- Comfortable and familiar with working from home and being a self-starter in a sales environment.
- Strong ability to sell products, overcome objections, actively listen, and generate leads when necessary.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to type at 50+ WPM (ideally)
- Developed skills and refined strategies to turn requests for cancellations and returns into saves and sales opportunities.