Chief of Party, Jordan Enterprise Support Activity
Government Services – Inclusive Markets Practice
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as Chief of Party for USAID's anticipated $25 - $50 million Jordan Enterprise Support (JES) Activity designed to support the private sector and the Government of Jordan (GOJ) overcome growth impediments. Through JES assistance, it is expected that Jordan’s private sector firms specifically micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) become more competitive through improving productivity, profitability, strategic planning for growth, and increasing sales and employment where feasible. In addition, it is expected that JES will support improvements to the business enabling environment to facilitate access to markets as well as support investment facilitation to encourage the shift from informal to formal sector.
The Chief of Party will bear primary responsibility for overall leadership, project planning and implementation, and ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for both USAID and client USAID Missions worldwide. They will serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with USAID and Mission representatives and other key stakeholders. The Chief of Party will be accountable for both the quality of the project, as well as for its effective financial and operational management. They will manage a team of technical staff, organizational partners and short-term consultants. The Chief of Party is responsible for achieving the expected results of the project and solving problems that may arise.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of program management and supervisory experience with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization
• Minimum of three (3) years of field experience working in one or more developing countries, preferably in Jordan;
• Technical experience in applying a market-based approaches in emerging markets, enterprise development services, improving the local business enabling environment, supporting youth and women entrepreneurs and start-ups, and innovation hub development;
• Expertise in building innovation and entrepreneurship eco-systems, especially outside city centers and/or organizing open innovation competitions in emerging markets from design to execution.
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with high level representatives from both the public and private sectors.
• Prior experience managing USG funded programming, preferably USAID.
• Ability and interest to live and work in Amman, Jordan.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.